Two-dimensional (2-D) gel electrophoresis is a powerful, widely used method for high-resolution analysis of complex protein mixtures from cells and other biological samples. The technique is a core component in the proteomics lab, due to its ability to separate and resolve thousands of proteins in a single gel. Proteins are separated in two steps: isoelectric focusing (according to isoelectric point) and SDS-PAGE (by molecular weight). Systems are available that can be configured to allow additional techniques, including DNA sequencing and fingerprinting, SSCP, and nucleic acid gel electrophoresis.
Buyers in the market for a 2DGE system should first determine the complexity of their needs. Systems range from vertical systems for use with precast gels to modular units offering combinations of lighting, filters, cameras, cooling devices, and image capture and analysis software to separate overlapping spots and reduce background noise.
Select up to 5 products from below to compare or request more information.
GE Healthcare, Life Sciences
- Catalog Number: 18-1018-06
- Description: Multiphor™ II Electrophoresis System
- Configure the system for 1-D or 2-D protein electrophoresis, or DNA fragment analysis.
- Run up to 12 IPG strips (7-24 cm) simultaneously.
- Select from a wide range of precast gels or cast your own gels for unique applications.
- Allows cooling of ultra-thin gels efficiently and uniformly, through the ceramic cooling plate, for improved resolution and speed at high voltages.
- Adjustable electrodes allow use of different sized gels.
Select up to 5 products from above to compare or request more information.
Please Login or Register to Create Tags
Use this product listing in multiple ways:
- Click Get Quote to receive a quote from the vendor for that product
- Check up to 5 products and click to compare to view product specifications side by side or Get quote to get a quote for all your selected products
- Click Get quotes for all products at the top of the list to get a quote for all products